Arduino’s ubiquity and simplicity has led to a gigantic surge in the use of microcontrollers to build programmable electronics project. Despite the low cost of Arduino, you’re still committing about worth of hardware every time you build a project that has an Arduino inside. This is where Adafruit’s Trinket comes in. Arduino-compatible, one-third the price, and low-power, the Trinket lets you make inexpensive and powerful programmable electronic projects. Written by one of the authors of Adafruit’s Trinket documentation, Getting Started with Trinket gets you up and running quickly with this board, and gives you some great projects to inspire your own creations.
List Price: $ 26.99
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”1457185946″]
Beginning Sensor Networks with Arduino and Raspberry Pi teaches you how to build sensor networks with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and XBee radio modules, and even shows you how to turn your Raspberry Pi into a MySQL database server to store your sensor data!
First you’ll learn about the different types of sensors and sensor networks, including how to build a simple XBee network. Then you’ll walk through building an Arduino-based temperature sensor and data collector, followed by building a Raspberry Pi-based sensor node.
If you want to see how well Arduino and Raspberry Pi can get along, especially to create a sensor network, then Beginning Sensor Networks with Arduino and Raspberry Pi is just the book you need.
What you’ll learn
- How to build sensor nodes with both Arduino and Raspberry Pi!
- What is XBee?
- What methods you have for storing sensor data
- How you can host your data on the Raspberry Pi
- How to get started with the MySQL database connector for Arduino
- How to build database enabled sensor networks
Who this book is for
Electronics enthusiasts, Arduino and Raspberry Pi fans, and anyone who wants hands-on experience seeing how these two amazing platforms, Arduino and Raspberry Pi, can work together with MySQL.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Sensor Networks
2. Tiny Talking Modules: An Intro to Xbee Wireless Modules
3. Arduino-Based Sensor Node
4. Rapberry Pi-based Sensor Notes
5. Where to Put It All: Storing Sensor Data
6. Turning Your Raspberry Pi into a Database Server
7. MySQL and Arduino: United at Last!
8. Building Your Network: Arduino Wireless Aggregator + Wireless Sensor Node + Raspberry Pi Server
9. Planning Wireless Sensor Networks
10. Shopping List
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”1430258241″]