- Used Book in Good Condition
Deploy and Maintain an Integrated MDS Architecture
Harness your master data and grow revenue while reducing administrative costs. Thoroughly revised to cover the latest MDS features, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services, Second Edition shows how to implement and manage a centralized, customer-focused MDS framework. See how to accurately model business processes, load and cleanse data, enforce business rules, eliminate redundancies, and publish data to external systems. Security, SOA and Web services, and legacy data integration are also covered in this practical guide.
- Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services
- Build custom MDS models and entityspecific staging tables
- Load and cleanse data from disparate sources
- Logically group assets into collections and hierarchies
- Ensure integrity using versioning and business rules
- Configure security at functional, object, and attribute levels
- Extend functionality with SOA and Web services
- Facilitate collaboration using the MDS Excel Add-In
- Export data to subscribing systems through SQL views
List Price: $ 50.00
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”0071797858″]
Data Modeling Made Simple with CA ERwin Data Modeler r8 will provide the business or IT professional with a practical working knowledge of data modeling concepts and best practices, and how to apply these principles with CA ERwin Data Modeler r8. You’ll build many CA ERwin data models along the way, mastering first the fundamentals and later in the book the more advanced features of CA ERwin Data Modeler. This book combines real-world experience and best practices with down to earth advice, humor, and even cartoons to help you master the following ten objectives:
- Understand the basics of data modeling and relational theory, and how to apply these skills using CA ERwin Data Modeler
- Read a data model of any size and complexity with the same confidence as reading a book
- Understand the difference between conceptual, logical, and physical models, and how to effectively build these models using CA ERwin’s Data Modelers Design Layer Architecture
- Apply techniques to turn a logical data model into an efficient physical design and vice-versa through forward and reverse engineering, for both top down and bottom-up design
- Learn how to create reusable domains, naming standards, UDPs, and model templates in CA ERwin Data Modeler to reduce modeling time, improve data quality, and increase enterprise consistency
- Share data model information with various audiences using model formatting and layout techniques, reporting, and metadata exchange
- Use the new workspace customization features in CA ERwin Data Modeler r8 to create a workflow suited to your own individual needs
- Leverage the new Bulk Editing features in CA ERwin Data Modeler r8 for mass metadata updates, as well as import/export with Microsoft Excel
- Compare and merge model changes using CA ERwin Data Modelers Complete Compare features
- Optimize the organization and layout of your data models through the use of Subject Areas, Diagrams, Display Themes, and more
Section I provides an overview of data modeling: what it is, and why it is needed. The basic features of CA ERwin Data Modeler are introduced with a simple, easy-to-follow example.
Section II introduces the basic building blocks of a data model, including entities, relationships, keys, and more. How-to examples using CA ERwin Data Modeler are provided for each of these building blocks, as well as ‘real world’ scenarios for context.
Section III covers the creation of reusable standards, and their importance in the organization. From standard data modeling constructs such as domains to CA ERwin-specific features such as UDPs, this section covers step-by-step examples of how to create these standards in CA ERwin Data Modeling, from creation, to template building, to sharing standards with end users through reporting and queries.
Section IV discusses conceptual, logical, and physical data models, and provides a comprehensive case study using CA ERwin Data Modeler to show the interrelationships between these models using CA ERwin’s Design Layer Architecture. Real world examples are provided from requirements gathering, to working with business sponsors, to the hands-on nitty-gritty details of building conceptual, logical, and physical data models with CA ERwin Data Modeler r8.
From the Foreword by Tom Bilcze, President, CA Technologies Modeling Global User Community:
Data Modeling Made Simple with CA ERwin Data Modeler r8 is an excellent resource for the ERwin community. Through the liberal use of illustrations, the inexperienced data modeler is graphically walked through the components of data models and how to create them in CA ERwin r8. As an experienced data modeler, Steve and Donna give me a handbook for effectively using the new and enhanced features of r8 to bring my art form to life.
List Price: $ 79.95
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”1935504096″]