Optimize your searches using high-performance enterprise search repositories with Apache Solr
- Get an introduction to the basics of Apache Solr in a step-by-step manner with lots of examples
- Develop and understand the workings of enterprise search solution using various techniques and real-life use cases
- Gain a practical insight into the advanced ways of optimizing and making an enterprise search solution cloud ready
This book is for individuals who want to build high-performance, scalable, enterprise-ready search engines for their customers/organizations. The book starts with the basics of Apache Solr, covering different ways to analyze enterprise information and design enterprise-ready search engines using Solr. It also discusses scaling Solr-based enterprise search for the next level.
Each chapter takes you through more advanced levels of Apache Solr with real-world practical details such as configuring instances, installing and setting up instances, and more. This book contains detailed explanations of the basic and advanced features of Apache Solr.
By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter and with the help of real-life industry examples, you will quickly master the features of Apache Solr to build search solutions for enterprises.
What you will learn from this book
- Gain a complete understanding of Apache Solr and its ecosystem
- Develop scalable, high-performance search applications using Apache Solr
- Customize Apache-Solr-based search for different requirements
- Discover different techniques to build high-speed enterprise searches
- Design enterprise-ready search engines and implement a scalable enterprise search functionality
- Integrate an Apache-Solr-based search with different subsystems and legacy systems
- Scale Apache Solr through sharding, replication, and fault tolerance
- Learn about performance tuning for your Solr-based application while scaling your data
- Make your enterprise search cloud-ready to be able to work with multiple clients
This book is a step-by-step guide for readers who would like to learn how to build complete enterprise search solutions, with ample real-world examples and case studies.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer, designer, or architect who would like to build enterprise search solutions for your customers or organization, but have no prior knowledge of Apache Solr/Lucene technologies, this is the book for you.
List Price: $ 43.99
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”1783981741″]