- Critical Thinking Boxes at the end of most sections help students hone their critical thinking skills by providing additional clarification on specific statistical concepts as a safeguard against incorrect evaluation of information.
- Interpretation Boxes in several chapters help students refine their critical thinking and analysis skills further by working to correctly interpret their results in the context of a particular application.
- Expand Your Knowledge problems present the geometric mean and the harmonic mean moving averages, correlation of averages odds for and odds against, uniform probability distribution, plus four methods for confidence intervals, probability of two confidence intervals, and serial correlation.
- Special margin notes draw attention to more information about a related topic appearing in the Expand Your Knowledge exercises at the end of the section, allowing you to cover additional material as desired and enabling students to learn more about topics they find especially interesting or difficult to grasp.
- Available with access to Aplia online homework system. Aplia helps students improve comprehension-and their grade-by integrating a variety of mediums and tools such as video, tutorials, practice tests, and an interactive eBook. Created by a professor to enhance his own courses, Aplia provides automatically graded assignments with detailed, immediate feedback on every question, and innovative teaching materials. More than 1,000,000 students at over 1,800 institutions have used Aplia.
A condensed and more streamlined version of Brase and Brase’s bestselling UNDERSTANDABLE STATISTICS, Tenth Edition, this book offers an effective way to learn the essentials of statistics, including early coverage of regression, within a more limited time frame. Designed to help learners overcome their apprehension about statistics, UNDERSTANDING BASIC STATISTICS, Sixth Edition, provides plenty of guidance and informal advice demonstrating the links between statistics and the real world. Thorough yet abbreviated, the text offers a reader-friendly style and a new, complete technology package to supplement learning. The use of the graphing calculator, Microsoft Excel, MINITAB, and SPSS is covered but not required.
List Price: $ 201.95
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”1111827028″]